No Pre-Sentencing Release for Man Convicted in Fatal Hit-and-Run Crash


No Pre-Sentencing Release for Man Convicted in Fatal Hit-and-Run Crash
The man convicted in the hit-and-run crash that killed 13-year-old Kaely Camacho in southwest Miami-Dade will stay behind bars before his sentencing.

Sandor Guillen was denied pre-sentencing release by a judge Wednesday during a hearing in Miami-Dade and will remain in jail until sentencing.

Camacho’s mother attended Wednesday’s hearing and said she was happy with the result.

A jury earlier this month found Guillen, 39, guilty of vehicular homicide, DUI manslaughter and leaving the scene of an accident in the April 13, 2012 crash. He had pleaded not guilty and is appealing the conviction.

Camacho was killed when Guillen’s Land Rover struck her father’s minivan, ripping it in half on Southwest 184th Street, police said. After Guillen’s car rammed into a tree and spun five times, he fled on foot but was quickly caught, officials said.

Camacho was rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center where she later died. Camacho’s father and sister, who were also in the vehicle, survived the impact.

Guillen is due back in court on March 28 for the motion for a new trial. A sentencing date hasn’t been set.

If you, a friend or a family member find themselves in a situation such as this, please call the Law Office of Scott A. Ferris, P.A. at 305 670-3330 right away. Scott A. Ferris, Esq. is a licensed criminal law attorney who has been practicing law since 1987. He is available whenever you need him to defend your rights. Please learn about our firm at www.FerrisLawFirm.com.

Related Posts:

Written by

No Comments Yet.

Leave a reply

Required