Category: Personal Injury Law

Woman Dies After Butt Lift Procedure at South Florida Surgical Center

news image

A woman who underwent a Brazilian butt lift procedure at a South Florida plastic surgery clinic ended up at a hospital where she later died. The Miami-Dade Police Department said they received a call at around 11:13 a.m. Friday about a woman in distress at Mia Aesthetics on Southwest 72nd Street.  Family members of 28-year-old Danea Plasencia said the doctor was done with the procedure when the complications started. "Then... [...]

Florida Widow Sues Mexican Billionaire Over Fatal Racecar Crash

news image

A fatal car crash that took place during what was supposed to be a fun time is now leading to a lawsuit. The widow of an auto racing instructor is suing a Mexican billionaire and his teenage son over the man’s death last month in a training crash. The Palm Beach Post reports the wife of Peter London is suing Carlos Peralta Quintero and his 18-year-old son Nicolás Peralta Quintero for the April 16 crash at Palm Beach International... [...]

Florida Plastic Surgery Bill Heads to Governor’s Office

news image

The Florida House has unanimously approved Senate Bill 732 that will change the way surgery centers in the state are operated and how doctors are disciplined. The NBC 6 Investigators have reported on issues in plastic surgery centers in more than 40 investigations over the past four years – uncovering the deaths of more than ten women in South Florida in recent years who died after undergoing a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. "The... [...]

Medical Board Wants Butt Lift Doctor Banned from Performing Plastic Surgery

The Florida Board of Medicine wants to ban a Miami doctor from performing plastic surgery. Board members accused Dr. Arnaldo Valls of misleading patients and sending two women to the hospital during a hearing Friday morning. One of the patients died. It's a case the NBC 6 Investigators have been covering since Kizzy London died in December 2017. The board scrutinized the way Dr. Valls performed two Brazilian butt lift procedures... [...]

Royal Caribbean closes Sky Pad ride on two of its ships after $10 million lawsuit

news image

Royal Caribbean closed the Sky Pad trampoline bungee ride on two of its ships after a passenger fractured his pelvis when the bungees snapped in February. Casey Holladay, 25, was aboard the Mariner of the Seas ship out of Miami with his girlfriend when he decided to try the ride. The bungees holding him broke off as he was about 20 feet in the air, and he landed on the deck floor next to the trampoline. Holladay is suing Royal... [...]