Can I recover money for a mental or psychological trauma?

news image

Were you recently injured in an accident? You may have suffered mental or psychological trauma as well as physical injuries.

And if the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may well be currently suffering from anxiety and depression. You may therefore have the right to claim damages for mental trauma. To do so, you will need to seek the aid of a personal injury attorney in Coral Gables FL.

Do You Need to Be Physically as Well as Mentally Injured?

You will need to prove that your mental or psychological trauma came in the wake of a physical impact. This is the legal standard by which damages for mental and emotional pain and suffering are considered. It is usually known in Florida legal circles as the “impact rule.”

In order to file a claim that includes psychological damages, you will need to be able to produce medical records that give full documentation for your trauma. This will need to be an accurate and detailed record of your purely physical as well as psychological injuries.

How Can You File a Claim for Psychological Distress?

A personal injury lawyer in Coral Gables Florida can help you file a claim for physical damages. This includes the cost of your medical treatment, lost wages, and other expenses. They can also help you file a claim at this time for damages caused by emotional and psychological suffering.

Contact the Law Office of Scott A. Ferris Today

The time is now for you to contact a personal injury lawyer in Coral Gables Florida. The Law Office of Scott A. Ferris can help you get the full settlement you deserve for your mental as well as physical pain and suffering. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how a Coral Gables personal injury attorney can help you.