May I recover for the death of my spouse, child in an accident that was not their fault?

news image

If your spouse or a child dies in an accident that was not their fault, then you may recover compensation. These are called wrongful death cases and the party who caused their death may be legally required to pay certain damages. For assistance pursuing a claim, contact the wrongful death lawyer in Coral Gables Florida at the Law Office of Scott A. Ferris.

How can you pursue a wrongful death claim?

A wrongful death claim must be filed within a certain time period after the person’s death. Because there is limited time available to pursue a claim, it is important to act as soon as possible.

In many situations, the person who caused the death has insurance coverage that may cover some or all of the damages. A claim can be filed with their insurance company and an adjuster will review the claim. If the insurance company admits liability, they will offer a settlement sum to compensate you for the accident.

If the insurance company denies liability or does not offer a reasonable settlement, then you can pursue a lawsuit through the court to seek a money judgment against the person who caused the accident.

Why should you contact an attorney?

Wrongful death cases are complex and insurance companies frequently will be difficult during the process. A wrongful death attorney in Coral Gables FL will represent you in the process and advocate for you to receive a fair outcome.

A Coral Gables Wrongful Death Attorney will provide you with legal advice and discuss with you the different options. This will help you make informed decisions during the process and also help you know what to expect.

The team at the Law Office of Scott A. Ferris is experienced with wrongful death cases. We strive to help our clients receive a fair and just result. Contact us to learn more about how we can help.